Aloo Palak Paneer Recipe is the assortment of potatoes, spinach and paneer. Here the potatoes and paneer are complimenting the spinach. It is the mouth watering main course recipe, contains the spicy and special flavors.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients required for making Aloo Palak Paneer Recipe:
- 2 potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (for garnishing)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Wash and clean the spinach thoroughly in normal running water.
- Heat the pressure cooker, add 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- When the oil starts heating, then add chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the puree becomes thick.
- Add spinach and potatoes.
- Mix the remaining spices, cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Now add 2 cups of water. Cover the cooker with the lid and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Do not open the cooker until the steam is coming out fully
- Uncover, turn on the gas and add cubes of paneer.
- Mix in lemon juice. You can garnish it with fresh cream.
- Simmer the gas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
- I have not added more water while pressure cooking the spinach, because the spinach will leave its own water while cooking.
- You can fry the pieces of paneer.
- The another method of the recipe is, you can cook spinach separately and then add fried paneer and boiled potatoes.