Aloo Palak Paneer is the assortment of potatoes, spinach and paneer. Here the potatoes and paneer are tossed in spinach puree. It is the mouth watering main course recipe, which is having the spicy and special flavors.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 2 potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Palak Paneer:
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan, deep fry the cubes of paneer and place on oil absorbent paper.
- Wash and clean the spinach thoroughly in normal running water.
- Heat the pressure cooker, add 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- When the oil starts heating, then add chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the puree becomes thick.
- Add the spinach and potatoes.
- Mix the remaining spices, cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Now add 2 cups of water. Cover the cooker with the lid and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Do not open the cooker until the steam is coming out fully
- Uncover, turn on the gas and add the fried cubes of paneer.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Simmer the gas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
- I have not added more water while pressure cooking the spinach, because the spinach will leave its own water while cooking.
- If you want this recipe dry to serve, then serve as it is. Otherwise add more amount of water at the time of adding fried paneer, leave for few boils and then serve.
- The another method of the recipe is you can cook spinach separately and then add fried paneer and boiled potatoes.