Bhindi Fry is the delicious and crispy fried okra / ladyfingers stir fried in Indian spices. It is a dry Indian dish or Side dish that easily goes with dal, rice or roti. Learn how to make Fry Bhindi recipe in easy steps.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Servings : 2-3
- 250 gms ladyfingers (bhindi/okra)
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
How to make Bhindi Fry:
- Wash the bhindi in normal running water and pat dry with clean kitchen cloth.
- Slit them from any one side and apply little bit of salt on each bhindi.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and arrange all the bhindis in it.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Simmer the flame and then stir fry bhindi by mixing all the spices and crushed garlic and toss frequently.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 6-7 minutes till bhindi turns crispy and well cooked.
- Serve hot with chapati or naan.
- You can deep fry the bhindi and then mix with the spices.
- You can cut the bhindi in small pieces to fry, kids likes this style fried bhindi.