Aloo Shimla Mirch ki sabzi is an everyday sabzi recipe in most of the Indian household. Potatoes and capsicum are cooked with spices and tastes amazingly great. This dish is highly served with Indian roti or naan.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 kg capsicum (coarsely chopped)
- 3 big potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 6-7 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 ts cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Shimla Mirch:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add fenugreek and seeds, allow to splutter them.
- Add chopped onions and asafoetida.
- Stir fry the onion until it turns pink.
- After the onion changes its color, add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute continue with onions.
- Now add chopped tomato, potatoes and capsicum, also season with salt and spices.
- Stir continue and cook on medium high flame.
- Cover the pan with its lid, simmer the flame and leave to cook until it tenders and moisture evaporates.
- In between stir 2-3 times and serve with Indian chapati.