Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) can be crumbled or can be grated and cooked in onions, tomatoes or any type of thick gravy to make a delicious Paneer Bhurji. Paneer Bhurji is one of the fastest breakfast recipes. You can make it in dinner time as well, considered as a side dish. Making this recipe is really a fun for me, as this is a quick, tasty and healthy recipe. Though it is a Punjabi Vegetable Recipe, but is famous every where around the world.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200 gms Paneer
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp garam Masala Powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
How to make Paneer Bhurji:
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- As the seeds and leaves crackle, add ginger-garlic and green chilli paste.
- Add chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook untill the oil begin to separate and turn into thick gravy.
- Cook it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add grated paneer and cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Let the paneer cook properly into the gravy and spices.
- Add garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with chapati.
- Paneer can be grated with grater or can be mashed with the hands.
- Add little bit of water if required, normally paneer gets cooked in the water of onion and tomatoes.