Crispy coated onion rings is a most popular snack dish of drive-in restaurants. These delicious onion rings are the excellent appetizer or side dish, which gets amazing taste and texture only when fresh, homemade buttermilk is used for making its batter.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 big onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp soda-bi-carbonate
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Crispy, Homemade Onion Rings :
- Peel the onion and wash in tap water.
- Pat dry with clean kitchen napkin and cut into thin round slices, just like we cut it for making sandwiches.
- Take out the rings from each slice as many as you can.
- Make sure, if the onion slices are thin then thin rings will come out and that is the best thing about it.
- Take a bowl and mix remaining ingredients very well.
- Make a lump free batter with continuous mixing.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Dip 2-3 rings in the prepared batter, coat from all sides and drop into hot oil.
- Fry the onion rings on medium high flame from both sides until turns little brown and crispy.
- Drain the fried onion rings on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with mango salsa dip.
- Enjoy yummy with cocktails and mocktails of your choice.