Masala Papad Recipe is the most famous Indian Side accompaniment recipe to serve with Cocktails and Mocktails. Simply fried papad is topped with the salad of onion, tomato and spices. It is a best snack or side dish to serve in any occasion or get together. It can be served before or during the meals. You can serve masala papad with the drinks as well. Masala Papad is always on the top of papad category in every menu of the restaurants. Learn to make quick and tasty masala papad.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Servings: 4 masala papads
Ingredients required for making Masala Papad Recipe:
- 4 papads
- 1 big onion chopped thinly
- 2 small tomatoes chopped finely
- 4 green chillies chopped thinly
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp chaat masala powder
- 2 tsp nylon sev ( ready packet available in the market)
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Masala Papad Recipe:
- In a mixing bowl add chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies, salt and fresh cilantro. Mix well and keep aside. This mixture is called as a topping of masala papad.
- Heat up sufficient oil in a deep pan.
- Deep fry papad as usual, but be careful while frying, papad should not get fold or twisted.
- Take out fried papad on tissue paper.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder and chaat masala powder over the papad.
- Now spread the topping of onion and tomatoes over the masala papad.
- Again sprinkle some chaat masala over the topping.
- Lastly garnish with nylon sev and serve immediately.
- Masala papad should be served immediately or it becomes soft and spongy.
- You can use any flavored papad, i have used Punjabi masala flavor papad.
- You can roast the papad instead of deep fry, but roasted papad soaks the moisture very fast and gets mushy immediately.