Indian Cottage Cheese (paneer) is cooked in soft and creamy marination with gentle spices. Paneer Malai Tikka kebab is mouth melting kebab recipe. It is one of the most famous Punjabi recipes. The specialty about this kebab is that it truly melts in your mouth.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2-3 persons
- 200 gms paneer cut in cubes
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato diced (remove pulp)
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 4 green chillies paste
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp tikka masala
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
How to make Paneer Malai Tikka Kebab:
- In a bowl add curd, fresh cream, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste,salt, lime juice, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, tikka masala, honey and butter, mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Add paneer, capsicum, onion and tomatoes, coat them with the marination.
- Keep this marination in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Soak the wooden skewers in the warm water.
- Arrange all the marinated vegetables in each skewer in the sequence of capsicum-paneer-tomato-onion.
- Drizzle some oil on top of the veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and grill the tikkas for 15-17 minutes untill they are cooked properly on the edges.
- Place the paneer malai tikka on the plate and sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Do not overcook the paneer otherwise it will become hard.
- You can use Tandoori masala, if Tikka Masala is not available.
- If you don’t have oven or tandoor at home, then you can make this recipe in non-stick pan, however tikka cooked in oven gives best taste.
- Cut the bigger pieces of paneer, as small pieces may tend to break while threading on the skewers.
Recommended Recipes for you: