Indian cottage cheese (paneer) is cubed and then marinated in the unique paste of capsicum and yogurt. A great appetizer is made with paneer and capsicum and simply served with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Preparation time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-22 minutes
- 500 gm Indian cottage cheese (paneer) cubed
- 1 cup thick curd
- 150 gm capsicum (shimla mirch) chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh cilantro (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 head of red/ normal cabbage
- Few lemon wedges
- Few onion rings
- 2 tbsp oil
How to make Paneer with Capsicum:
- Combine the capsicum, green chillies, garlic, curd, salt, coriander-mint leaves and spices.
- Mix well and grind into a coarse paste.
- Marinate the cubes of paneer in the prepared paste, cover the bowl and keep aside for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and apply some oil onto the skewers.
- Carefully, place all the marinated pieces of paneer on each skewer and grill in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When the paneer turns soft and done, then remove it from the skewers.
- In the serving plate, arrange some cabbage leaves, place the pieces of paneer on the cabbage leaf and serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.