Saunfia Paneer Tikka are cubes of paneer stuffed and coated with a special mix of chutney, flavored with aniseed and then grilled in tandoor. It is a mouth melting paneer tikka recipe which is perfect to serve as an exclusive starter or appetizer.
Preparation time: 40 mintes
Cooking time: 7-8 minutes
- 200 gms paneer cubes
- 1/4 capsicum cubes
- 1 small onion rings
- 1 tbsp butter
For marinade you need:
- 1 tsp coriander chutney
- 1/2 tsp mint chutney
- 1/2 tsp aniseed (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 cup fresh thick curd
- 4-5 cloves chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Saunfia Paneer Tikka:
- Combine all the ingredients of marinade in a deep shaped bowl.
- Mix the cubes of paneer, capsicum and onion gently into the mixture.
- Keep aside for about 30-40 minutes for the well marination.
- After the given time take the skewers and soak them into the water for 5 minutes.
- Thread the cubes of paneer, capsicum and onion in the skewers.
- Apply little bit of butter all over the veggies.
- Grill in the tandoor for 6-7 minutes.
- Bast occasionally with the butter until tikkas turn into nice golden color.
- Remove from the tandoor and then from the skewers.
- Serve immediately with mixed salad and lemon wedges.
- Add little bit of besan to make a thick batter.
- Serve these tikka’s on the spot until they become tasteless.