Grilled Pepper Paneer is a Tandoori Snack dish made with Paneer and Bell Pepper. Both are marinated in the tasty mixture of yogurt, then arranged on skewers and baked in oven.
It can be served with spicy coriander chutney and kachumber salad. In India, Grilled pepper paneer is generally eaten as an starter/appetizer or sometimes even as a snack dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 gm paneer cut into cubes
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups Yogurt (Curd/dahi)
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Grilled Pepper paneer:
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, salt, spices, lemon juice, besan, coriander leaves, ginger-garlic paste and little bit of oil.
- Mix it well and then add paneer and vegetables. Coat all the pieces of paneer and veggies very well in marinade and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees F and the thread the pieces of paneer and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Brush it with some oil twice and keep flipping.
- Serve with coriander chutney.
- You can add vegetables of your choice in yogurt marinade.
- If you do not have oven then you can cook it on a non-stick tawa.