Paneer Shashlik is one of the famous Indian starter made with paneer and several vegetables. Here Paneer, Tomatoes and Zucchin are marinated in the spicy and tasty mixture of curd / yogurt and then baked in oven.
In India, Paneer Shashlik is served as a Snack dish also. You can enjoy it with spicy coriander chutney and kachumber salad. If you do not have oven then you can cook it in a non-stick pan as well.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 gms paneer cut into cubes
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
For Marinade you need:
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 1 tsp fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp tikka masala powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Shashlik:
- Mix all the ingredients of marinade in a big bowl and add pieces of paneer, zucchini and tomatoes in it.
- Coat the vegetables very well in marinade, cover and keep this marinated paneer in refrigerator for about an hour.
- After that bring the mixture at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven for 4 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Thread the pieces of paneer and veggies onto the skewers.
- Brush with some oil.
- Place the skewers in preheated oven and baked for about 20 minutes, till the paneer and vegetables turns little brown and gets cooked.
- Serve with green chutney and mixed salad.
- You can mix your favorite vegetables in curd marinade.
- Keep checking the paneer and adjust the timer of your oven.