Paneer Taash Kebab is a unique blend of paneer slices, cheese, fresh cream and spices. This is a different kind of kabab recipe, consists a good amount of protein and fibre. An easy snack dish can be made in few minutes on daily basis.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For the marinade you need:
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cheese slices
- 1/2 big onion sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 capsicum sliced
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- 400 gms cottage cheese
- 4 tsp mint chutney
- 4 cheese cubes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
How to make Paneer Taash Kebab :
- Make 12 equal size of paneer slices.
- Combine all the ingredients well in a big bowl.
- Keep the mixture aside for 10-15 minutes until sets.
- Spread the spoon of butter and mint chutney on each slice of paneer.
- Arrange few slices of onion, tomatoes and capsicum on each 3 slices.
- Now cover with the second paneer slice.
- Spread the mixture of yogurt on the covered paneer slice and make a thin layer.
- Finally put a cheese slice and cover with the third slice of paneer.
- Preheat the oven at 250F degrees for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until slices slightly turn into golden in color.
- Remove out from the oven, cut into desired sizes, grate a cheese cube, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.
- Serve this kabab immediately with chips and chutney to enjoy the wonderful snack dish.
- Keep checking at the time of baking else paneer slices will get burn.
- The slices of paneer should be thin enough to make this kabab.
- The combination of mint and coriander chutney will go with this kabab.