Papad Roll is simply a delicious Indian appetizer served as a stuffed papad, here papad is stuffed with the mixture of boiled potatoes and spices and then deep fried in hot oil. This is the most easiest and tastiest starter, which is perfect for any cocktail or mocktail party. Also you can do the best use of leftover boiled potatoes.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 papad
- 3-4 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Papad Roll:
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, chaat masala, chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Mix well and add fresh chopped cilantro.
- Again mix very well and break the thick parts of the boiled potatoes.
- Make a smooth potato mixture.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Now dip the papad in water and take out immediately.
- Place the portion of potato mixture on one side of a papad and cover with the other side.
- Apply water from the edges of the papad and fold inside.
- Seal with the help of water and make sure that the potato stuffing should not come out.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep fry the papad roll on medium high heat just for a minute.
- Fry evenly from both the sides and remove out on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the yummy starter.
- Serve it immediately, else it will become soggy and tasteless.
- You may use the grated paneer or grated vegetables as a stuffing.