Kathal Tikka is a delicious recipe of jackfruit, sour curd, gram flour and few spices. This vegetarian tikka is a great appetizer, specially for the vegetarians.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 kg jackfruit (kathal)
- 1 cup sour curd (dahi / yogurt)
- 2 tbsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6-8 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Kathal (Jackfruit) Tikka:
- Cut the jackfruit into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat up a pressure cooker and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, then add green chillies, ginger, garlic, onions and jackfruit.
- Mix well and add curd, salt and vinegar.
- Add 1 cup of water, cover the pressure cooker and wait for 4 whistles.
- Allow the jackfruit mixture to cool aside and then pour it into the blender.
- Grind to a medium thick and mix with the besan.
- Now make tikkis of the above mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan and deep fry all tikkis.
- Serve them hot with green coriander chutney and tomato sauce.
- You can fry these tikkis on hot griddle (tawa) as well.