Corn Tikki is the unique mixture of boiled corns, green peas and the boiled potatoes. These tikki’s are full of spices and flavors and perfect to serve as a snack dish in the evening time. This recipe is quick in preparation, easy in cooking, delicious for serving and healthy in eating.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 10-12 cutlets
- 4 medium size potatoes boiled and peeled
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) boiled
- Handful green peas boiled
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 8 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Fresh coriander (dhania) chopped
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Corn Tikki:
- Mash the boiled potatoes, green peas and corns in a big bowl.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Mix well.
- Add salt and all the spices with the chopped coriander.
- Mix well and divide the mixture into small portions.
- Apply a little bit of oil in your hands and then shape them into small round tikkis.
- Flatten and give a touch of poppy seeds.
- Heat a griddle or tawa and grease with the oil.
- Place the tikkis on hot tawa and leave to cook on low flame until become crispy and golden brown in color.
- Flip and cook from the other side as well. Spread a little oil if required.
- Serve these piping hot tikki’s with mint or coriander chutney.
- You can deep fry these tikkis, but then they will be so oily.
- If your corns are not well boiled then blend them and mix with the potatoes.