Indian pizza is a simple Homemade Pizza Recipe. Pizza base is topped with pizza sauce, vegetables and lots of Mozzarella cheese and then cooked on Tawa. Pizza is liked by all and don’t worry even if you do not have oven in your house, then too you can make a very good pizza on tawa and see how I have done a good use of normal Indian tawa / griddle. Just saute the veggies in a pan and then cook pizza on tawa, still the taste will be very good.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 Indian pizzas
- 2 pizza base
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 inch ginger Julienne
- 1/2 capsicum thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoon yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes (optional)
- 1/2 tomato thinly chopped (remove pulp)
- 2 tbsp sweet corns (boiled)
- 4 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
For seasoning you need:
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
How to make Indian Pizza:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and saute green chillies and ginger julienne for few seconds.
- Add onion, capsicum, bell peppers and thinly chopped tomato.
- Toss the vegetables with salt as per the taste.
- Cook on medium high flame until vegetables tenders.
- Now add boiled sweet corns and cubes of paneer.
- Mix gently and cook only for 2 more minutes.
- Switch off the gas, remove the mixture from the flame and divide into two equal parts.
- Take the pizza bases, apply little amount of butter and spread the pizza sauce evenly on pizza bases.
- Spread the equal amount of pizza topping/mixture on each pizza base.
- Finally top with 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese.
- Heat the tawa or griddle on medium high heat and grease with little amount of butter.
- Place one pizza on the hot tawa and leave to cook on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Cover the pizza with any U shaped vessel from upside down.
- Check in between. When the cheese starts melting, remove pizza from tawa and place on a serving plate.
- Cut into desired pieces, sprinkle some fresh oregano and chilli flakes and serve immediately.
- Repeat the procedure with another pizza as well.
- Vegetable/canola or sunflower oil can be used instead of olive oil.
- You can make this same style pizza either in the pan or in the oven as well.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the true taste of India pizza recipe.