Sitaphal (Custard Apple) Rabdi is the unique mixture of sitaphal pulp and sweeteners. This is a special sweet delicacy that is highly served during Diwali and other Hindu festivals.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
- 2 cups sitaphal (custard apple) pulp
- 4 glass condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom (small elaichi) powder
- 2 tsp red rose (gulab) petals
- Few saffron strands
How to make Sitaphal Rabdi:
- Boil the milk in a big pot for about 8-10 minutes and stir constantly.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar fully dissolves.
- Turn off the gas and add sitaphal pulp, saffron, almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Mix very well and leave the mixture to cool completely at the room temperature.
- Refrigerate for few hours until becomes cold.
- Pour the rabdi in individual serving bowls and garnish with bits of rose petals.
- Serve immediately.
- You may adjust the sweetness of rabdi as per your requirement.
- You may add the chopped nuts and dry fruits of your choice.