Gulab Jamun is ever green and everyone’s favorite sweet dish. These delicious home-made gulab jamun are made from maida, sugar and milk. They are extremely tasty and perfect to serve in any occasion, festival, birthday parties or anniversaries.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients required for making Gulab Jamun Recipe :
- 2 cups refined flour (maida)
- 4 cups milk
- A pinch of baking powder/soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pure ghee (clarified butter)
For the final preparation you need:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamoms crushed
- A pinch of saffron strands
- 1/2 tbsp rose essence
How to make Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- Boil the milk on high heat until it reduces to its half quantity.
- Remove from the fire and cool aside.
- After sometime, when the milk seems cool then add flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and make a smooth dough.
- Keep aside at least for an hour.
- Boil 3 cups of water, add sugar and remaining ingredients. (as per ingredients of final preparation)
- Keep this solution/mixture aside, as it will be used later at the final step.
- Heat up ghee in a deep shaped pan.
- Apply some oil/ghee on your hands and make small balls or rounds from the prepared mixture.
- Drop few balls at a time into hot oil.
- Simmer the flame and fry the jamuns evenly from all the sides until browned.
- Put the jamuns in the prepared solution and set aside at least for 3-4 hours.
- You can refrigerate these gulab jamuns for few hours until sets and then serve either warm or chilled.
- These gulab jamun’s are extremely delicious when little bit heated just before serving.
- You may garnish them with chopped dry fruits.
Recommended Recipes for you: