Rasmalai Recipe is simply made with the delicious cheese dumplings, flavored with milk, cream, saffron and rose petals. A smooth layer of milk makes it more special and yummy while serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 6-8 servings
- 200 gm cottage cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4-1/2 cups condensed milk
- 4 tbsp thick fresh cream
- 1 cup castor sugar
- Few almonds blanched
- Few pistachios blanched
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 tbsp crushed green cardamoms
- Few rose petals
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp butter to spread on aluminum foil
How to make Rasmalai:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking tray with buttery aluminum foil.
- Combine the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, fresh cream, salt, 3/4th sugar and 4 cups milk.
- Mix well and spread the mixture over the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until sets.
- Carefully check and do not let the mixture to get dark brown or burnt.
- Remove out from the oven and allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut into rounds or squares of about 1-1/2 “.
- Put the rasmalai in individual dessert serving bowls/plates.
- Mix the remaining milk and sugar in a bowl and pour little bit over each ras malai.
- Decorate with few nuts, saffron strands, crushed green cardamoms and rose petals.
- Store in the refrigerator for few hours and Serve yummy.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your requirement.
- Rasmalai is simply irresistible when served chilled.