Malai Gulab Jamun is the Traditional Indian Sweet Dish. These Malai Gulab Jamun are different from normal Gulab Jamun, as they contains good amount of suji/rawa and a unique ingredient is Desicated Coconut.
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp suji
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup full cream powder milk
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp pure ghee
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
For making Sugar Syrup you will require:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
For the Filling of Malai Gulab Jamun you will require:
- 1 cup thick fresh cream ( malai ) (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup desicated Coconut
- Few almonds, sliced
How to make Malai Gulab Jamun :
- Take a big bowl and mix the flour, suji, powder-milk, ghee, baking powder, milk and salt.
- Mix very well and make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside at least for 2 hours.
- Let’s prepare sugar syrup, for that you just need to boil the water, add sugar and stir continue till it dissolves.
- Cool and set aside.
- Now from the prepared dough, try to make elongated-shaped Jamuns, gently by applying little oil in your palms.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan and deep fry the prepared gulab jamuns.
- Drain the oil very well and then add into the prepared syrup.
- Leave them as it is in syrup for about 2 hours.
- Gently squeeze out the syrup and make a slit on any one end of the gulab jamun.
- Fill in the cream and a slice of almond.
- Roll in the desicated coconut and enjoy.