Rava Ladoo Recipe is the simple yet delicious semolina ladoo (balls) made specially to celebrate various Hindu occasions, such as Diwali. These are the special ladoo made with love and affection. Collect the following simple ingredients and make amazing homemade rava ladoo to celebrate your festivals and occasions.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups semolina (suji, rava)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts chopped
- 2 cups almonds chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp raisins
- 2 cups milk
How to make Rava Ladoo:
- Heat a big non-stick pan and saute semolina for few minutes by stirring continuously.
- Fry on low heat until semolina turns into nice light golden brown in color.
- Now add sugar and milk gradually by stirring constantly.
- On the other side, melt the ghee in a sauce pan and pour over the semolina mixture.
- Mix for few more seconds until the mixture looks little sticky.
- Finally add chopped nuts and raisins in the mixture.
- Switch off the gas and remove off the pot.
- Make the small balls or ladoo from the hot mixture.
- Allow the ladoos to become dry and cool completely just before serving.
- Do not leave the mixture to cool, else you will not be able to make good ladoo.
- After the ladoo are dry and cool, then store them in air tight container.
- You can keep these delicious rava ladoo for 15-20 days.