Mysore Pak is a lovely and popular sweet dish of India, traditionally made with the blends of bengal gram flour (besan), ghee and cardamoms.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients required for making Mysore Pak Recipe:
- 2-1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 4 cups sugar
- 100 gm pure ghee
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup water
How to make Mysore Pak Recipe:
- Grind the sugar into a smooth powder and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a big non-stick pan and pour the flour in it.
- Stir constantly and add powdered sugar.
- Mix very well until besan starts getting browned.
- Add salt, cardamom and cinnamon powder.
- Mix very well and gradually add water.
- Stir continue to avoid the lumps of batter.
- Cook until ghee starts separating and mixture looks little frothy.
- It will take about 17-20 minutes to get ready.
- Spread the hot mixture over the greased plate.
- Immediately cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Serve yummy.
- You can cut it into squares, rectangles or even in triangles.
- It is very important to cut it when the mixture is hot, else becomes stiff and hard.
- This delicious sweet delight can be stored for 15-20 days in air tight container.
- You may adjust the sweetness as per your requirement.