Rava Ladoo Recipe / Rava Laddu Recipe is the Indian Sweet Dish made with Semolina, Ghee and Sugar. Rava Ladoo is so wonderful in taste, it just melts in your mouth.
It’s a traditional sweet dish that Indian’s love to make on special Festivals, like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturti, weddings or even for the occasions at home. Rava Ladoo is also known as Semolina Ladoo or Suji Ladoo.
I failed in making Rava Lodoo many times before but this time they came out perfect, hence I decided to share this recipe with you. This Diwali, I am going to distribute these Ladoos among my family and friends.
You can also try them in your own kitchen as the ingredients needed are very simple and easily available in the market.
How to make Rava Ladoo Recipe:
Rava Ladoo Recipe / Rava Laddu Recipe is the Indian Sweet Dish made with Semolina, Ghee and Sugar. Rava Ladoo is so wonderful, it just melts in your mouth.
- 1-1/2 cups rava (sooji/semolina)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- Few cashew nuts, chopped
- Heat little ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts and keep aside.
- Melt remaining ghee in a same pan and roast the rawa on a medium flame for 5-8 minutes. Do not get it burnt or the change the color. We just need to saute rava, so that raw flavor goes away. Add sugar and stir continue for few more minutes.
- Allow the mixture to completely cool and then grind it. Add cardamom powder and mix very well. Transfer this mixture to a wide bowl. Add the roasted cashew nuts, mix well with a spoon and start making round balls.
- Homemade Rava Ladoo are ready to enjoy.
When the mixture of ladoo is warm, it will be easy to handle and good for preparing balls.
If you will difficult to make ladoos, then add little bit of warm milk for binding them.
These ladoo’s can be stored in an air tight container for 5-6 days at room temperature.
Tasty Indian Recipes
- You may also like to read another way of making Rava Ladoo.
- Also see that how Rava Dosa can be easily made at home. It can be a quick School Tiffin Recipe for your kids.