Rava dosa is a blend of semolina and rice flour. Some unique ingredients such as cashew nuts and dry coconut are also used for making this much faster and most popular South Indian Dosa recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups semolina (rava / suji)
- 1-1/2 cups rice flour
- Few curry leaves (broken in bits)
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp shah jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Few cashew nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp dry coconut grated
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Rava Dosa:
- In a big bowl, combine the semolina and rice flour.
- Add some salt and baking soda.
- Gradually add 5 cups of water by mixing with the spoon. Continue mixing to make a very thin batter.
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan. Add curry leaves and cumin seeds. Fry until cumin seed crackles and then add green chillies and asafoetida.
- Fry for few more seconds and pour the tempering mixture into the batter. Also mix coconut and cashew nuts.
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease with oil or ghee.
- Pour a big ladle of prepared batter on the hot tava. With the help of the spoon, make a medium thick round in a circular manner.
- Drizzle some oil and cook dosa over medium high flame till becomes crispy and little crunchy.
- Fold and serve with coconut chutney.