Badam Puri is a yummy, soft and crispy sweet delicacy, beautifully layered with a great taste of badam, milk, cardamom, ghee and sugar syrup.
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 cups Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup badam (almond) paste
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups pure ghee
- 1 cup oil
For making sugar syrup you will require:
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 gm saffron (kesar)
How to make Badam Puri:
- Mix all-purpose flour, rice flour, milk and almond paste in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the water for making sugar syrup.
- Add saffron, sugar and cardamom into boiling water.
- Stir continue to make a thick consistency sugar syrup.
- Now knead the dough of flour by using the milk as per requirement, and make sure you should be able to make small balls from the dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal shaped round balls and with your hands only, try to give a shape of puri to each and every ball.
- Apply ghee on the puri and stack one on the top of other with three puries in each stack.
- Roll and cut each stack into small pieces.
- Again, roll the pieces into a round shape and deep fry in ghee or oil until golden brown.
- Drain on the paper towel and then dip them in sugar syrup.
- Leave for 8-10 minutes, till the puri’s absorb the flavor of sugar syrup.
- Take them out and serve immediately.