Ammini Kozhukattai are the cute and tiny delights to celebrate a big Indian Festival, Ganesh Chaturthi. You can easily and quickly make them in your own kitchen by using your favorite savory herbs and garnishing ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings
- Modak Rice Flour Cover dough, read my recipe – Uppu Kozhukattai (Savoury Modak) Recipe
- Savory Black gram (lentil – Ulundhu/ulatham poornam) filling, read my recipe – Uppu Kozhukattai (Savoury Modak) Recipe
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Few curry leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp chopped onion for garnishing (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato for garnishing (optional)
- Salt to taste
How to make Ammini Kozhukattai :
- Grease your palms with some oil and carefully break a small piece of the dough.
- Try to make small round shaped, just like marbles.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Heat the steamer and steam these tiny balls for about 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp of oil in the skillet.
- Add savory poornam (filling) and flavor with little bit of turmeric.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and curry leaves.
- Mix the steamed balls into prepared mixture.
- Toss gently along with the lentil mixture, till the balls are well coated with the mixture.
- Season with some salt and serve immediately to enjoy.