Bhaang pakore is the special delicacy of Indian and generally made on special Indian festival of Holi. These pakore are very famous all over in India and really makes the Holi more enjoyable and memorable. The most important ingredient for making Bhaang Pakore is Bhang (cannabis) seed powder.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups Besan (gram flour)
- 2 big Potatoes (aloo) (cut into big chunks)
- 1 large Onion (pyaj) (cut into big chunks)
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobhi) (cut into big chunks)
- 1 tsp Soda
- 2-1/2 tbsp Pomegranate seed powder (anardana)
- 150 gm Brinjal (baingan) (cut into big chunks)
- 1 cup chopped Spinach (palak)
- 10 gm Bhang (cannabis) seed powder
- 5 gm Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
How to make Bhaang Pakora :
- Combine the besan, soda and salt in a big bowl.
- Add ajwain, red pepper, pomegranate and bhang seeds.
- Mix very well and gradually add good amount of water until it reaches to a pouring consistency.
- Heat good amount of oil in a pan.
- Dip the vegetable pieces one by one in the batter in such a way that they get completely smeared with the batter from all the sides.
- Deep fry on medium flame until turns golden and crisp.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve piping hot.