Bhang Thandai is the most famous Indian drink, specially made and served on one of the biggest Indian festival i.e “Holi”. It can be easily made at home, you just need to assemble few ingredients. Follow the steps and make a healthy, homemade Thandai / Bhaang and serve to your friends and family.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: about an hour
- 4 liter water
- 2 tbsp almonds blanched
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts chopped
- 4 tbsp pistachio chopped
- 4 big cups sugar
- 2 tbsp green (small) cardamoms crushed
- 1 tsp – Peppercorns (whole) (sabut kali mirch)
- 1 tbsp aniseed
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus -Khus)
- 1-1/2 cups condensed milk
- 20 cannabis (bhaang)
- 2-1/2 tbsp – Watermelon/Cantaloupe seeds (kharboje ke beej) (dried and skinned)
- 2 tbsp Dried or fresh rose petals (gulab ki pati)
How to make Bhang Thandai :
- Heat the water in a big vessel or in a big pan and dissolve the sugar in it.
- Remove from the flame and keep stirring for 2 minutes by adding crushed green cardamoms.
- Keep the mixture aside at least for 2-3 hours.
- Take a separate bowl and soak all the other dry ingredients in 3 cups of water for about an hour.
- Grind the soaked ingredients into a fine paste.
- Mix 1 cup of water to the paste and strain it with the help of clean muslin cloth or with the strainer.
- Make sure you have to extract the liquid into a vessel until the residue becomes dry.
- Now add milk and sugar syrup to the prepared strained mixture .
- Keep the prepared bhang in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until sets.
- Garnish with some chopped nuts and saffron strands. Serve chilled.