Gulab Sharbat is a beautiful blend of rose petals, lemon juice, sugar and cardamom seeds. In India, this drink is served on Holidays and during Festivals. It spreads a fragrant of true Indian Festivals.
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh rose petals (Gulab Ke Patti)
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 4 cups chilled water
- 3/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
- A pinch of salt
How to make Gulab Sharbat:
- Crush the rose petals with mortar and pestle and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the boiling water and pour the mixture into a metal container.
- Mix the cardamom seeds and set aside for 10-12 hours or for overnight.
- Next morning, pass the cardamom mixture through the sieve and discard the lumps or thick particles.
- Add the sugar and float the bowl over a hot water filled sink until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the hot water and filter it again.
- Cool the sharbat at room temperature.
- Now combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir well.
- Serve in a glass half filled with crushed ice.