Aamras is a famous Maharashtrian recipe, made with fresh mangoes, milk and sugar. A great drink of seasonal mangoes is most often served with puri or paratha.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: nil
- 4 big mangoes (Aam)
- 1 ltr milk chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamoms (optional)
How to make Aamras:
- Wash the mangoes in normal tap water, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Grind the mango pieces in a mixer and strain the juice as much as you can.
- Mix the sugar in the cold milk and add to the mango juice.
- Add crushed cardamoms and water for required consistency.
- Serve chilled with puri or paratha.