Sweet Kachori is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy. A sweet dish that contains two unique and very delicious parts, the outer layer and the inner filling. The outer layer of kachori is made with plain and corn flour and the filling is simply delicious combo of khoya, milk, nutmeg and cardamom. No other sweet dish can take the place of this homemade sweet kachori recipe.
Yield: 15 servings
For making the cover you will require:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp Corn flour
- 1/4 cup melted Ghee
- A pinch of salt
For the filling you will require:
- 250 gm fresh khoya
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 gm milk powder
For making the syrup you will require:
- 1 cup milk
- A big pinch of saffron (kesar)
- 150 gm sugar
- 1 cup water
- Ghee for deep frying
- Mixed Chopped nuts to garnish (optional) (I have used cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios)
How to make Sweet Kachori :
- Mix all the ingredients of making filling in a big bowl and set aside.
- Take another big bowl and combine plain flour, corn flour and ghee in it.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix very well.
- Use little water and knead it to pliable dough.
- Cover the dough with wet muslin cloth and keep aside for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the water and milk on medium high flame.
- Add sugar and stir continue to form a thick consistency syrup.
- Add saffron and mix very well.
- Divide the dough into small 18-20 parts.
- Roll out each ball in a small puri and place 1 tbsp of prepared mixture in the center.
- Pull up all the sides to seal the mixture, and press in the center.
- Make 5 to 6 kachoris at a time.
- Heat ghee on medium high flame and fry the kachori’s on low flame until light brown from both sides.
- Repeat the process for remaining kachoris.
- Cool down the kachoris, and then make a small hole in the center of each kachori, pour about half tbsp of prepared syrup and roll again to let the syrup spread.
- Garnish with mixed chopped nuts of your choice.
- Allow to stand for 20-30 minutes, before serving them.
- Sweet Kachoris are ready to rock. You can store them in air tight container for many days.