Coconut Custard Halwa is the yummy, sweet Indian dish made with lots of grated coconut, coconut milk, custard and vanilla.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 -1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp Strawberry Custard Powder
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Custard Powder
- 4 tbsp pure ghee
- A pinch of yellow food color
- Few almonds chopped
- Few pistachio chopped
- Few cashew nuts chopped
How to make Coconut Custard Halwa:
- In a big bowl, mix the coconut milk and vanilla custard powder very well.
- Stir constantly until no lumps are formed.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and melt the ghee in it.
- Add the prepared mixture by stirring occasionally.
- Mix the grated coconut and remaining ingredients.
- Stir continue for 15-20 minutes over moderate heat until it reaches to the thick consistency.
- Spread some chopped nuts all over on the halwa.
- Delicious halwa is ready to serve.