Lauki halwa is a delicious combination of bottle gourd, milk, sugar and pure ghee. This halwa is a great and Ideal, refreshing Indian dessert, that is specially served during summers.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500 gm lauki (bottle gourd)
- 1/2 tsp crushed green cardamoms (chotti elaichi)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp pure ghee
- 4 cups condensed milk
- Few pistachios chopped
- Few cashew nuts chopped
- Few almonds chopped
- Few raisins
How to make Lauki Halwa:
- Peel the lauki and grate in a big bowl.
- Heat a big wok or kadhai and melt the ghee in it.
- Add grated lauki and stir continue.
- The liquid of lauki will come out, but then too, stir constantly to remove the bitterness and rawness of the lauki.
- Gradually add milk and sugar into it by mixing continuously.
- Reduce the flame and let lauki to cook till the milk evaporates and lauki gets fully cooked.
- Stir occasionally so that the mixture does not stick.
- Let the milk dry up completely and then add remaining ingredients.
- Now the mixture will start loosing, but you need to keep stirring till all the moisture dries up.
- Finally garnish the lauki halwa with garnishing ingredients of your choice and your requirement.
- Serve immediately to enjoy the real taste of halwa.