Everyone likes Suji Halwa, and making Low Calorie Sooji Halwa is extremely easy. This halwa is completely oil free and trust me I never compromise with the taste of halwa.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup suji (semolina / rawa)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp elaichi powder (green cardamom powder)
- Few raisins (kishmish)
- Few almonds, finely chopped
- A pinch of red-orange food color (optional)
- 2 cups water
How to make Oil Free Suji Ka Halwa :
- Heat a big pan / kadai.
- Pour suji and stir fry continue for 8-10 minutes, on low flame, until sooji turns into slightly brown in color.
- When the suji is about to get brown then add water into it. But do not stop stirring it, till suji turns into a uniform light brown color.
- Add sugar and food color, stir continue, until sugar completely dissolves and the color gets mixed.
- Lower the flame and let suji cook till the mixture gets thicken.
- Add cardamom powder, raisins and finely chopped almonds.
- Keep stirring continuously for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately to enjoy.