Suji Halwa is the sweet blend of semolina, cardamom, ghee and dry fruits. This is one of the most easiest sweet dish can be made on daily basis after having the meal. Kids usually like this sweet dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup semolina (suji, rawa)
- 2-3 green cardamoms crushed
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8-10 raisins
- 1/8 tsp orange food color (optional)
- 1 cup blanched cashew nuts and almonds
- Few Pistachios
How to make Suji Halwa:
- Melt the ghee in a deep shaped pan.
- add green cardamoms and saute for few seconds.
- Add semolina and keep stirring till seems light golden in color.
- Add water and sugar.
- Stir continue until sugar fully dissolves into the semolina. It will take about 10-12 minutes.
- When the semolina is done then add food color.
- Mix well and add raisins and blanched nuts.
- Stir until ghee touches the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with some fine chopped almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios.
- Serve hot with puri, paratha or as it is.
- Do not add food color if you don’t want colorful halwa.
- Oil or butter can be used instead of ghee.
- You may alter the quantity of sugar as per your taste.