Atta halwa is the favorite Indian dessert, made with wheat flour, ghee and sugar. This halwa contains a good amount of Vitamins A and iron and generally made to celebrate various Indian religious occasions.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbs almonds lengthwise chopped
- 1 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 10-12 raisins
How to make Atte Ka Halwa:
- Heat the water in a big vessel and add sugar, cardamom and raisins.
- Bring the mixture to few boils and then keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick pan and add wheat flour.
- Keep stirring until the ghee and flour mixes very well.
- Break all the lumps of the flour.
- Roast for about 15-18 minutes till the mixture turns to golden brown.
- Add sugar mixture into the flour and mix constantly till the aroma starts spreading.
- Add chopped almonds and mix very well till the ghee separates.
- Serve delicious and healthy halwa recipe.