Macaroni Fruit Pudding is a unique combination of boiled macaroni, fruits and dry nuts. This healthy pudding recipe is fully flavored with butter, milk and golden syrup.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 oz macaroni
- 1 apple thinly chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 tsp cashew nuts chopped
- Few raisins
- 1 tbsp nutmeg (jaiphal) shredded
- Few black currants chopped
- 200 gms condensed milk
- 1 egg beaten
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Macaroni Fruit Pudding:
- Boil the macaroni in 2 cups of water by adding little bit of salt.
- Shift the boiled macaroni in the sieve and drain the whole water.
- Shuffle up with the help of fork.
- Heat a vessel and bring the milk to a boil.
- Add macaroni, apple, black currants, golden syrup, cashew nuts and raisins.
- Stir constantly for few minutes to break the lumps.
- Mix the beaten egg, salt, black pepper powder and the butter.
- Stir for few more seconds until consistency of pudding sets.
- Finally spread the shredded nutmeg over all and serve hot.
- Macaroni Pudding recipe can be prepared in the oven as well, for that you just need to bake the mixture for 20-25 minutes and then stir with fruits and nuts.
- You may refrigerate this pudding for few hours and later serve chilled.
- The vegetarians can make this recipe without egg. Still it will be healthy and tasty.