People who likes pumpkin can have a great pumpkin cake dish, that is simply made with pumpkin (kadhu), all-purpose flour, sugar and other cake mix ingredients. You can adjust the sweetness of the cake as per your requirement.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2-1/2 cups pumpkin (kadhu)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder (Jaiphal)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 1 tsp Cloves Powder (Lavang)
How to make pumpkin cake recipe:
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar and oil in blending jar.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then mix in the pumpkin mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients very well for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the blended mixture of pumpkin and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the prepared mixture in a wax paper lined 10″ pan.
- Preheat the oven at 400F and bake the prepared cake pan for about 1 hour.
- When the cake is done, dust some powdered sugar and serve.