Coconut Cake is simple in making and creamy and yummy for serving, this cake can be simply made with coconut, sugar, butter and eggs.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Servings: 12-15 yields
- 3-1/2 cups plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1-1/2 cups butter / margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-1/2 cups castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- A pinch of salt
How to make Coconut Cake:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar by slowly adding egg mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt very well.
- Thoroughly mix the sieved flour mixture, coconut and other ingredients in egg mixture.
- Grease the cake tin with some butter and pour the prepared cake batter into it.
- Bake in moderate oven for 1 hour.
- Insert a toothpick to check whether cake is ready or not.
- It the toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean, then means the cake is ready.
- Allow to cool at a wire rack for 10-12 minutes.