Eggless Cake is made with very simple ingredients, I have made this delicious cake without adding eggs, hence can be a good choice for the vegetarians also.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Servings: 15-18 yields
- 4 cups plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups butter / margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
How to make Eggless Cake:
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix in the sieved flour.
- Add remaining ingredients slowly and mix to a dropping consistency.
- Grease an 8 inch cake baking tin with some butter and pour the prepared batter in it.
- Bake in moderate oven for 1 hour.
- Check with a skewer or a toothpick, if it comes out clean from the center of the cake, that means cake is ready.
- Before serving the cake, allow it to cool at a wire rack for 10-12 minutes.