Coconut Cupcakes are the mouth-watering, delicious and cute cupcakes made with fresh coconut, vanilla, sugar and butter. These cupcakes are perfect to celebrate kids days.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 25 cupcakes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate (Khaane Wala Soda)
- 4 big eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 3-1/4 cups Butter Milk (Mattha / Chhaach)
- 2 large cups grated Coconut (Khopra/Narial)
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Icing you will require:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cup sifted icing sugar
How to make coconut cupcakes:
- Sift the flour, soda, salt and baking powder in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and grease the muffin tins with some butter
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and keep aside.
- Now beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix the beaten eggs and essences.
- Slowly add the flour alternatively with the buttermilk.
- Mix half of the grated coconut.
- Fill the muffin cups with equal portion of the prepared cake mix.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes or till they are golden in color.
- For icing beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and the essence till smooth and creamy.
- Place a layer of the prepared icing on the baked cupcakes and sprinkle some coconut on them.