Chocolate Angel Cake is the highly moist chocolate dessert, got the true taste of granulated sugar, cocoa powder and cream of tartar.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12-15 yields
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter for greasing
How to make chocolate angel cake:
- Mix the cocoa powder very well in hot water and set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F and grease the cake bake pan with some melted butter.
- Sift the flour and add sugar and salt.
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl and add cream of tartar.
- Beat until the mixture forms peak.
- Gently add half the sifted flour in egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Then add remaining flour by continuous mixing.
- Stir in the cocoa powder mixture and mix lightly.
- Pour the prepared cake mix in a greased baking pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- When the inserted tooth pick comes out clean, that means cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool at a wire rack.
- Then with the help of a knife invert it on a plate.
- Top the cake with some fresh berries and vanilla ice cream.