Almond Cake is a moist and tempting cake delight that contains lots of richness of almonds, vanilla, sugar and butter. A perfect Holiday Cake is here in easy and simple steps.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: about an hour
Servings: 12-15 yields
For making pastry cake you will require:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 big eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
For the Filling of cake you will require:
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make Almond Cake:
- Combine all the ingredients of making the pastry cake very well either in a big bowl or in a food processor.
- Mix very well to make a soft dough.
- Put the prepared mixture in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Take out from the fridge and roll the dough into 10-11 inch of a pie.
- Prick the base and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- On the other side, let’s proceed for making the filling of the cake.
- In a non-stick pan, melt half of the butter and add the chopped almonds and saute them over medium flame until lightly brown.
- Turn off the fire and allow to cool.
- Heat another pan and melt the remaining butter.
- Add the grounded almonds and sugar.
- Mix very well and now add eggs one at a time, beating nicely, after each addition till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sift the corn starch with the baking powder and salt and then fold it into the almonds mixture.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the earlier prepared base and bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Spread generous amount of chopped almonds over the top and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake continue for 10 more minutes until the pastry is brown.