Mango Upside Down Cake is children’s favorite cake dish. Here fresh, seasonal mango, milk, butter and eggs are used for making this unique cake recipe. Make it in your holidays and for special evenings.
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups mangoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make Mango Upside Down Cake:
- Put the sliced mango pieces in a big bowl and pour the lemon juice all over on them.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add brown sugar.
- Now make a layer of mango slices over brown sugar and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Cream the shortening and white sugar together and then mix in the flour.
- Beat the eggs separately first and then mix in the flour.
- Now alternatively add milk and mix very well.
- Pour the prepared mixture over mangoes and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- When cake cools down, turn it out upside-down.
- Top with good amount of whipped cream and serve.
- Do not add eggs, if you are a vegetarian.
- This cake is awesome, even when served little warm.