Carrot Cake is a delicious cake recipe, that can be easily made at home. You just need to arrange some fresh carrots, coconut and chopped nuts of your choice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups fresh carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1-1/2 cups all -purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 2 -1/2 tsp mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
- 1 -1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tsp of orange essence / juice
- A pinch of salt
How to make Carrot Cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add grated carrots, chopped nuts, coconut, raisins and orange juice.
- Stir nicely and pour it over the flour mixture.
- Prepare a loaf tin by greasing the base and the sides.
- Pour the prepared cake mixture into the tin and bake the cake for about 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, that means your cake is ready.
- Remove form the oven and allow the cake to cool at a wire rack.
- Cut into desired shape and slices to serve yummy.