Coconut Cake is a simple and elegant cake dish, contains a good amount of butter and turns into a moist cake dish, when topped with lots of desiccated coconut.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: Appx. one hour
Serves: 12-15 yields
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1-1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- A pinch of salt
How to make Coconut Cake:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar, and gradually add the beaten egg mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Add the egg and butter mixture slowly in the flour.
- Also add coconut and remaining ingredients.
- Prepare a cake bake pan by greasing with butter.
- Pour the prepared cake batter evenly on it and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- Check by inserting a knife or a toothpick, if it comes out clean, that means your yummy cake is ready to serve.