Cornflour Cake contains very simply and easily available ingredients such as castor sugar, butter, milk and eggs.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups cornflour
- 1 cup self-raising flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups butter/margarine
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
How to make Cornflour Cake:
- Sift the cornflour, maida and baking powder in a big bowl, keep aside.
- Beat the eggs in small bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar, whisk thoroughly with the help of electric mixer.
- Stir in the sieved flours and then add mixture of butter, beaten eggs and milk.
- Preheat the oven at 300 F degrees and grease the cake tin or pan with some butter.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased baking pan.
- Place the prepared pan in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Check the softness of the cake by inserting the knife or a toothpick.
- Allow the cake to cool at the top wire rack of the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Cornflour cake is ready to rock.