Chocolate Coconut Cake is a superb cake dish, made with dessicated coconut, cocoa, margarine and milk. A best chance to celebrate various occasions or make it on your holidays as they are too special days.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 2 ounce dessicated coconut
- 2 cups unsalted butter/margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
How to make Chocolate Coconut Cake:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big bowl and set aside.
- Soak the coconut in milk for about an hour.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add sugar along with the coconut mixture.
- Now combine the sieved ingredients and coconut mixture very well.
- Grease a 9 inch cake bake pan with some butter / margarine.
- Pour the prepared batter into the cake bake pan.
- Spread the cocoa and remaining ingredients over all on top of the batter and place in preheated oven.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the cake cool at a wire rack, garnish with your favorite topping, cut into desired strips or sizes and enjoy yummy.