Apple Cake is a tempting cake dish, made with apples, chopped nuts, vanilla and cinnamon. It is highly rated cake and contains a unique glaze of nutmeg, milk and brown sugar.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 3 big apples (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cloves
- 1-1/2 cup mixed nuts chopped
- 1 -1/2 cup oil
For preparation of Glaze you will require:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp thick condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
How to make Apple Cake:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix the vanilla extract and oil in it.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big bowl.
- Add dry ingredients along with the egg mixture and mix very well.
- Add chopped apples and nuts.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F degrees and grease the cake bake pan with good amount of butter.
- Pour the prepared cake mixture in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, mix all the ingredients of glaze and bring the mixture on 2-3 boils for 2 minutes.
- When the cake is fully done, remove it from the oven and pour the glaze over it.
- Apple cake is ready to serve.