Bibinca is Goa’s most special dessert dish. It’s a multi layered Goan cake, made with refined flour, coconut milk, egg and cardamom. Easy in making, and multi-flavored layers are awesome while eating.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup refined flour
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups castor sugar
- 15 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cu ghee
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 3 tsp cardamom powder
- Few toasted almonds to garnish
- A pinch of salt
How to make Bibinca :
- Combine the castor sugar in coconut milk and stir continue till the sugar completely dissolves in milk.
- Cream egg yolks till light and fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture into coconut mix and stir thoroughly.
- Mix continue, until no lumps are left.
- Add grated nutmeg and cardamom powder and mix again.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Take a deep pot about 6“ in diameter and heat up a tbsp of ghee in it.
- When it is hot, pour out a cup of batter and bake till brown.
- Mix in another tbsp of ghee and over it pour out another cup of batter and bake till brown.
- Continue in this manner till the whole batter is used.
- Decorate the last layer with a few slivers of toasted almonds and bake.
- When it is done, turn it upside down and cool.
- Cut into thin slices and serve.